Name: Ali Bin Mohsen Bin Fetais Al Marri
Current Roles: Member of the Shura Council, Qatar (2021-2025).
Chairman of the Committee on Internal and External Relations.
Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Lusail University.
Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Rule of Law and Anti-Corruption Center (ROLACC).
Member of the Board of Trustees of the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR).
Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Global Organization of Parliamentarians Against Corruption (GOPAC).
PhD in International Law. Sorbonne University, France.
Thesis title, ” The Borders of the Arabian Peninsula”, (1997).
Previous professional experience:
1. Attorney General of the State of Qatar (with the rank of Minister) (2002-2021).
2. President of the International Association of Anti-Corruption Authorities (IAACA) (2021-2015).
3. Head of the Legal Department of the Amiri Diwan (with the rank of Undersecretary of the Ministry) (since October 1998).
4. Legal expert in the Amiri Diwan and Assistant Secretary-General of the Council of Ministers participating in its weekly assembly (June 1997 – October 1998).
5. Legal expert at the Office of His Highness the Amir of the State of Qatar (June 1997 – October 1998).
6. Legal researcher in the Office of His Highness the Amir of the State of Qatar (1996-1997).
7. Teaching secondment at Qatar University (from 1997 to 2000).
Membership in National Committees and Distinguished International Bodies:
1. Member and Rapporteur of the Qatari Committee on the Creation of the Constitution of the State of Qatar.
2. Member of the United Nations International Law Commission (since 2002).
3. Chairman of the Qatari Committee for the Approval of Contracts and International Agreements concluded with the State of Qatar.
4. Chairman of the National and International Legal Committees in which the State of Qatar participates.
5. Arbitrator, Certified Expert, Commercial Arbitration Centre of the Gulf Cooperation Council, Bahrain (since November 1997).
6. Member of the Border Demarcation Committee between the State of Qatar and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
7. Lawyer pleading before the International Court of Justice in the case of Qatar v. Bahrain.
8. Member of the Franco-Qatari Committee for Military Cooperation.
9. Member of the U.S-Qatari Committee for Military Cooperation.
10. Member of the Board of Directors of Qatar Telecommunications Company (1995-2002).
11. Chairman of the Committee for the Preparation of the Qatari Public Prosecution Law System and its Competencies.
12. Chairman of the committee for the preparation of the “Supreme Judicial Council” Law and the preparation of the Law on the Independence of the Judiciary.
13. President of the Franco-Qatari Regional Conference on Justice, Doha (October 2004).
14. Member of the International Association of Prosecutors since 2006.
15. Vice-President of the World Summit of Attorneys General, Chief Prosecutors, and Prosecutors, Guatemala-Antigua (2004-2005).
16. Chair of the 2nd World Summit of Attorneys General, Chief Prosecutors, and Prosecutors, Doha, Qatar (2005-2007).
17. President of the Franco-Arab Congress of Justice (April 2008).
18. Member of the Executive Committee of the International Association of Anti-Corruption Authorities (since 2010).
19. United Nations Special Counsel on Asset Recovery (2014-2016).
20. United Nations Special Advocate for the Prevention of Corruption (2016-2024).
21. Chairman of the Arab Forum for Asset Recovery (Doha 2011).
22. Chairman of the Qatar Law Forum (Doha 2017).
1. Medal of the Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur of the French Republic.
2. Ordre des Legion d’Honneur, Rank of Officer of the French Republic from President Nicolas Sarkozy.
3. The Order of the Republic of Tunisia for a senior officer (2013) from President Moncef Marzouki.
4. The Order of Philip VI Medal of the King of Spain, May 2018.
5. The Senegalese Lion of Africa Medal with the rank of Commander, from Senegalese President Macky Sall.
6. The Commander’s Medal from the King of Malaysia (September 2019) from Sultan Abdullah Ahmad Shah.
7. Ordre des Palmes Académiques of the French Republic.
8. The Medal of Hamad bin Khalifa Necklace from the State of Qatar, from His Highness Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Amir of the State of Qatar.